1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
dgumshu
dgumshu Senior Member • Posts: 3,605
Re: Fundamentals

Daniel Lee Taylor wrote:

Sony is simply blowing it on the fundamentals. Factors that played into my recent decision to stick with Canon DSLRs (including major lens upgrades which means I'm committing to the system for the long run, not just buying a body):

• Lens selection and quality.
  • Build quality and weather sealing.
  • Ergonomics.
  • Color science.
  • Sensor artifacts and/or flare. Every generation of Sony FF mirrorless has exhibited some issue. I can't think of a Canon I've owned which had any such issues.
  • Overall reliability of features and performance.

Sure I would like IBIS, extended shadow latitude, and some of the cool new toys on a Sony A7r III. But not at the expense of any of those bullet points.

That is not to say that Sony is bad or that you cannot make stunning images with Sony. Simply that the hype does not match reality. There are still major trade offs with Sony. And my guess at this point is that both Canon and Nikon will introduce their FF mirrorless systems before Sony resolves some of those trade offs.

When I read about the issues people are having with thier A7 lll's, I can't help but wonder if the QC issues Have something to do with them being made in China.  Sony wanted to make this an inexpensive body, so this may have been a way to cut corners.

dgumshu's gear list:dgumshu's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T20 +47 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow