1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started Apr 20, 2018 | Discussions thread
David Pavlich
David Pavlich Senior Member • Posts: 3,742
Re: 1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

PJC Imagery wrote:

David Pavlich wrote:

PJC Imagery wrote:

My issue is I'm accustom to Canon being the front runner in the industry. Way back when I had my ae-1, Canon was leading, then my T-90 Canon was leading, then eos elan 7, then my 20D, then my 40D, then my 7D & 6D. I always, up until now felt like Canon was the bomb and they always had a camera in my price range that I felt really good about buying. All those Canon cameras I had, were in my humble opinion leading the industry at their price point. It's just not so right now.

Right now, for me, the last 5 years Canon lagging further and further behind both Nikon and Sony. I just don't see Canon in the same light, they used to be the bomb. Now I look at them as the dud.

So now that you perceive Canon as a slacker, your photographic skills are being compromised? That you've suddenly become a less than good photographer? That you can no longer take terrific shots with your 6D? That your priority is to shoot with what you think is the best camera in the field and if you're not, your doing a lousy job? Canon's a dud so you've lost your touch?

Perhaps you need to rethink why your using your camera in the first place.

David

Wow, you need to rethink or at least think before you speak/post. Let me explain myself in real simple terms.

It's very simple, I want another FF camera and I want to use my 6D as a backup. I need a FF BACKUP.

My 6D works fine, heck my ae-1 still works fine but I don't want to go out and shoot weddings with it, at this time.

I'd like to get something BETTER than I currently have. It's called progress, I guess it's a term Canon and you just don't understand.

Canon at this time isn't offering anything I'd feel good about buying, so I may have to look elsewhere.

According to your rational I should still be shooting with my ae-1 since it still works. Peace!

When you say, "My issue is I'm accustom to Canon being the front runner in the industry" you come across as a fanboy that needs the #1 gizmo in order to be the best that you can be.  How many times have I read that it's the photographer, not the camera.  I guess in your case, it's the camera, not the photographer.

Do your skills outstrip the capabilities of the 5DIV?  If so, then maybe you ought to consider medium format so that the camera isn't below your skill level.

David

-- hide signature --

"The world doesn't need you...." Gene Simmons
Viewbug: https://www.viewbug.com/member/David_Pavlich

David Pavlich's gear list:David Pavlich's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow