My A7RIII & 24-70 GM from B&H disappeared for 2 weeks

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
M H New Member • Posts: 14
My A7RIII & 24-70 GM from B&H disappeared for 2 weeks

Hi,

I'm new here. I just really need your help because my $5000 amount of gears are missing for two weeks and it's really horrible situation for a student. It's truly HUGE amount of money. I've saved for a long time to buy a camera but it was not enough. My sister who knew this also has saved money for me to give me a surprise gift for my graduation. And I feel like I lost all.

I placed orders on 9 April at B&H to take photographs of my reviews and coming thesis show of undergraduate program.

They were supposed to be delivered by 11th on Wednesday, and I was at home, waiting for the package which were required my direct signature.

I checked the tracking numbers around 10:30 and it says they were delivered at 9:03 am. And signed for by name HILL, which is not me.

I contacted both Fedex and B&H. Fedex said they need 2 business days to investigate. And B&H said, waiting for 5 business days to make a claim to Fedex. (??)

Because they sound so confident, I decided to wait for two days and it was the most stressful days. And I heard nothing from Fedex until Friday(13th) before I contacted them.

I talked to B&H on Thursday (12th) to and said "I have not received and signed for them, so I want to get refund or resending."

I got an email from B&H on 15th, which was asking me "If I get the items, And check my neighbors" which I have done on 11th!

I answered back and got an reply from b&H on 16th. And they were asking me file a police report.

And then, I shouldn't just wait until they recover their fault.

So I filed a police report, and send it to B&H on 17th.

And Got an email that they made a claim to Fedex on 17th. And they will contact me within 5 business days.

And today was the fifth day. I have not heard anything from B&H. So I contacted them. And they just said wait for few more days.

I asked "If B&H still won't have something to say to me after two days, thenwhat you can do for me?" and they said "We will see then."

I feel like I'm in a huge trouble.

I really really need your help, any advices, or comments. Thank you for your time.

Sony a7R III Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
M H
M H
M H
M H
M H
M H
M H
M H
M H
M H
M H
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow