Canon EOS-3, Full Frame 35mm :-)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
moimoi
moimoi Veteran Member • Posts: 4,244
Canon EOS-3, Full Frame 35mm :-)

Well, being back shooting with film, I must say I have had some good times playing with the Canon EOS-3. Luckily, I was able to find one in mint condition, no scratches, and lightly used. The great asset is that the Canon 35mm 1.4 ii and Tamron 45mm/85mm work well (IS functions well too), and the autofocus is accurate. I have not tested the 16-35 f/4 and 70-200 f/2.8 IS II yet. Hopefully soon.

More recently, I took a step "backward" to digital photography (maybe called it a less oriented gearhead attitude), and decided shooting 35mm film, which has been rather instructive for several reasons:

(i) learn to be more patient as there is no instant feedback

(ii) compose better, look more carefully at the scene, then capture the interesting moment (only 36 frames max. per roll)

(iii) choice of films with their own color scheme signature (I have not shot B&W film yet, so I cannot comment)

(iv) inspecting the negatives and the scanning process (this is very fun!)

(v) oh and not be bothered by the mirror vs. mirroless debate

I am in the process of writing my first impressions of the Canon EOS-3, so hopefully, by the end of the week, and I provide more feedback

Until then, enjoy shooting photos!

The Singer, Canon EOS-3 with Tamron 85 mm 1.8 (I think it was shot wide open or close to wide open).

Cheers,

Max

-- hide signature --

http://www.maximesiegler.com/
https://www.facebook.com/maxime.siegler.photography
And back to Analog Photography as well, oh well!
"All we have discovered is that it starts with a single individual - always a child - and then spreads explosively, like the formation of crystals round the first nucleus in a saturated solution." Arthur C. Clarke (Childhood's End, 1953)

moimoi's gear list:moimoi's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow