Desperate for A6000 advice on black bars/images with SONY lenses

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Depinoha New Member • Posts: 3
Desperate for A6000 advice on black bars/images with SONY lenses

Hello guys,

I've searched high and low on these forums and web-wide for the issue that started 2 weeks after my Sony Alpha A6000 warranty expired....

With all SONY lenses (have 3 - kit + SEL55210 + the 50mm), no matter what SD card and without SD card - with EFCS turned on the camera takes fully black pictures.. , with forcing various shutter speeds sometimes creates black bars on the bottom, and eventually after further fiddling sometimes starts taking normal pictures.

With EFCS turned off it will take a picture above 1/200s shutter speed but not anywhere bellow (fully black bellow already slower than 1/160s)

Already found that if it was the mechanical shutter, there would likely be some blurring on the black line and not such a sharp cut-off.

Service center "wasn't able to reproduce the problem" as after a time the camera shoots OK for a while (like 50pictures) and then reverts into this problematic mode.

I would be grateful for any suggestions at all!

Tried, fully updated firmware 3.2, various lenses, all shutter speeds, EFCS on/off, reset, everything I can think of

EFCS off, shutter 1/125 otherwise same settings as last picture which worked

Don't know if EFCS was turned on here, but I suspect yes

Believe EFCS was turned on here, after a few shots like this the camera started shooting at all shutter speeds normally.

EFCS off, shutter 1/200 otherwise same settings as first black picture

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow