Ultrawide Recommendation to Round Out My Kit

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
KLH475 Contributing Member • Posts: 650
Ultrawide Recommendation to Round Out My Kit

Greetings All,

Yes, I know, there is endless discussion on this topic and I've read a zillion reviews and looked at a zillion photos at Flickr and everywhere else. Here's my story. At the moment I have the following:

* Nikon D3300 * 18-55mm VRII * 35mm f1.8G * 50mm 1.8G * 55-200 VRII

I'm very happy with my kit. I use it almost daily -give myself assignments, learn how to use each lens and the D3300. So far so good.

I am looking for an ultra-wide and have narrowed it down to the following

* Sigma 10-20 * Tokina 11-16 / Tokina 11-20 (and the Tokina 11-16 has a type II version) * Nikon 10-20

Most of my shooting is gardens, parks, I live near rivers so river shots, I visit friends in the mountains, I'll be traveling to a variety of places - so it's general everyday photography mostly outdoor stuff, people included but not heavy on the people. I shoot in raw and do a bit of regular postprocessing - color balance, clarity, contrast, etc.

The Nikon is significantly lighter than the other choices but weight is not that important.

The 16-80 mm is a consideration at some point as a general walk-around lens but not right now - I want to round out my kit with an ultrawide.

For those with experience with any/all of these different ultrawide lenses I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. They all seem sort of the same to me including size and weight except for the NIkon.

Thank you!

Ken

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/137434769@N06/)

KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR II
Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
MK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow