What is causing my Epson R3000 to leak black ink into prints?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Magnp85 New Member • Posts: 3
What is causing my Epson R3000 to leak black ink into prints?

I've cleaned the capping station well (to the best of my knowledge) and have folded a paper towel running underneath the print head. I always pick up black or green colored ink this way, mostly black (pk). I also wiped up anything that's on the elongated foam pad (mine collects only on the left side) and run a damp paper towel under the printer head but it just keeps happening on either one spot or two on my prints.

When the printer head is left off the capping station while I'm just trying to figure this stuff out, I noticed a small pool of black ink built up from dripping out.

Right now I left the paper towel underneath the print head and it continues to either drip or that's just drawing out black ink. But again, it seemed to drip out all on its own whether the paper towel was there or not. Leaving me to believe it's just leaking.

For a stint this wasn't happening after I first learned about cleaning the capping station. But the leaking is back to doing it more than ever now.

Not doing a full page bleed on anything. Printing either on semigloss or luster. Using original cartridges of ink. This is for PK black, not the matte. Not sure if the matte black is doing it too.

Thank you for any help you could give me. I feel like I've read a lot of similar posts on various websites but what I've tried isn't working, unless I've missed something.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow