D700 settings for fast moving objects, and 28-200 Af-D on D700?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andreascy
Andreascy Contributing Member • Posts: 592
D700 settings for fast moving objects, and 28-200 Af-D on D700?

Hello. i own a d700 that i bought some month ago . i bought this camera mainly for portrait photography (i am hobbyist). I am already have an olympus m43 camera with nice lens, but the d700 with full frame portraits lens was something that missing from my crop sensor camera.  I also bought a fuji s5 camera that came with 28-200 Af-d lens. Now on fuji i am using the 17-50 tamron for fun photography, and i was thinking to sell the 28-200 lens because was quite soft on d700. I try it in D700 and is not bad lens and i dont have  a zoom lens in any system that will have 28-200. So i thought to keep it.

My first question is how this lens perform to the d700 for general photography and for Autofocus ( i didnt use it much so i can know)

And my other question is about settings for fast moving objects in d700.

1 I set the button near the lens to the C ( continue)

2 in menu autofocus, at AF-C priority selection the selection is Release + focus ( what means this?

3.and in dynamic AF area  what the different of the 51 poinits 3d tracking than the others?

also another setting is AF point selection, mine is AF5151 points. what the difference between the af1111 points ( for what purpose is this setting ?)

and center wighted area is 8mm. . what is the ideal to use? is this affecting the tracking continue autofocus too?

thank you

Andreascy's gear list:Andreascy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow