from a productive point of view

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Donald B
Donald B Veteran Member • Posts: 8,924
from a productive point of view

I just got back from a cruise with my daughter and i got to say what a pita it would have been using a dslr. Their must have been a dozen pro photographers on board constantly taking photos on deck and in side the ship  with full studio set ups as well. I couldnt help but notice how many times they checked the rear lcd for correct exposure / composition in the difficult lighting conditions especially  sun back lit portraits on deck constantly adjusting fill flash and re shooting, then you would go to a restaurant for dinner and again shooting the studio shots as well as in the restaurants constantly checking the rear lcd i was so glad i have an evf for instant review even reviewing on deck with   direct sun light behind me. My daughter also commented how soft the printed images were compared to what she sees me print for my pro shoots and couldnt help but think it was the main reason i changed to mirrorless for consistent accurate af. im not kidding when i see them waste 100 times more time chimping than i would ever spend on changing a battery   do ovf photographers just kid themselves how good they are when you have to check your work on low res rear lcds ? rather then a high quality evf ?

Don

-- hide signature --

Olympus EM5, EM5mk2 my toys.
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9412035244
past toys. k100d, k10d,k7,fz5,fz150,500uz,canon G9, Olympus xz1

Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow