1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started Apr 20, 2018 | Discussions thread
dgumshu
dgumshu Senior Member • Posts: 3,759
Re: 1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

PJC Imagery wrote:

I know this thread has ruffled some feathers, not sure exactly why people get so defensive over gear.

Anyway, I can relate to the OP in regards to Canon. I'm currently a little PO'd with Canon as I'm looking for a new FF. I currently shoot professionally with the 6D and would like to get another FF and use my 6D as a backup.

My issue is I'm accustom to Canon being the front runner in the industry. Way back when I had my ae-1, Canon was leading, then my T-90 Canon was leading, then eos elan 7, then my 20D, then my 40D, then my 7D & 6D. I always, up until now felt like Canon was the bomb and they always had a camera in my price range that I felt really good about buying. All those Canon cameras I had, were in my humble opinion leading the industry at their price point. It's just not so right now.

I look at the 6D2 but I just don't consider it an upgrade. Oh, you get a flip out touch screen with the 6D2, that's the upgrade. Really, I expect more from Canon.

Right now, for me, the last 5 years Canon lagging further and further behind both Nikon and Sony. I just don't see Canon in the same light, they used to be the bomb. Now I look at them as the dud.

if Canon gear wasn't capable delivering great images, I'd be more inclined to agree.  However, I've been pretty satisfied.

My point in writhing this, is in hopes that in some way people stop defending Canon and Canon gets back to being Canon! Peace!

According to recent news, Canon is planing to release FF mirrorless due to demand and competition.   However, even if they do, I don't see myself jumping into it just because it's mirrorless.

I already have a mirrorless, so the thrill is gone.  I still prefer my Canon DSLRs for a variety of reasons, but I can understand why people get excited about new features.   For me, I'll wait until they develop something more advanced than an EVF.

dgumshu's gear list:dgumshu's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T20 +48 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow