1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
mjc1 Regular Member • Posts: 298
Re: 1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Actually PJC, I completely agree with you on most things.  I think Canon needs to take some steps, I have used their cameras for 25 years, and enjoyed those years.  I have no problem with people who have been shooting Canon for a long time discussing the current state of Canon and the path forward.  I was just being a bit tongue in check commenting that I don't think the OP may fall into that category of a very long time Canon user who has (in his opinion) stuck with a company for decades finally admitting maybe it it time to pull the plug (I have made that same decision, so I get it).  I was more pointing out that buying the most expensive, heaviest professional camera Canon offers 1-2 years ago and being unhappy to the point of selling many thousands dollars of equipment cause you are angry at the weight of the camera and pace of development over the past few months from Canon seems like a problem that 90%+ of canon shooters can't have due to finances or don't have cause they understand their photographic needs short and long term.  This is all of course based upon strictly what the OP posted, so could be many other things unknown.  Especially with strong rumors that Canon IS going to potentially release a camera that may very well tick the boxes that the OP wants check in the not too distant future.  Of course I come from the belief that (with the exception of people making a living from photography) 90% of people's cameras are probably better then the people using them (myself included in that 90%) and that spending thousands of dollars to replace a current flagship $5500 camera is most likely not going to result in much in the way of better pictures.   But, as I stated, everyone wins in this scenario.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow