Pros: how did you get started?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dreamerNM New Member • Posts: 2
Pros: how did you get started?

Hi all, I am a new member here. I got into photography about a year ago and I have really enjoyed it ever since. However, I would like to turn this hobby into something I can make money off of on the side. My motivation for now isn't the money itself but to prove to myself that I can take this hobby to the next level and maybe someday into a career. Unfortunately, I have had no success so far.

I think I understand that building up my portfolio and network is a key first step. However, this step has been an extremely difficult one for me. Models do not want to work with a photographer that has little to no experience. I've also tried reaching out to fellow photographers in the area with little success because I don't have a strong portfolio to showcase my work.

Any pros out there willing to share their story on how they get started? I plan to remain persistent but if there is a smarter way to go about things I want to hear about it! Thank you in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow