Travel lens - Olympus 14-150 version 2 - worth it?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ozonation Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Travel lens - Olympus 14-150 version 2 - worth it?

Been on a couple of forums to figure out what might be my best options for future travel. Disclosure: I normally travel and shoot with my Fuji gear but for an upcoming trip, I'm figuring even that might be too much.

So, I'm dusting off some of my older m4/3 and realized that my prior lens choices might not have been optimized for travel. I went on a photo expedition several years ago and got good results with a now slightly banged up EM5Mk2 and a used Panasonic GX7 (which was sort of thrown into a bundle). But I didn't have any good prime lens for low light.

I ended up picking up and I'm thinking of bringing my 45 f1.8 and 75 f1.8 primes in case I end up doing some portraiture or street images. I'm missing the 17 f1.8. The 35mm equivalent is my favourite length. So, I might get the 17mm.

I'm also thinking of trading in an old 14-150 version 1 that came with a kit years ago, for the newer version 2. Is it worth it? Performance wise, I hear the 14-150 v2 is "good enough".

I was also thinking of the 12-100 f4, but I'm not sure I want to pay that much...and I hear it's not the lightest if my goal is to reduce not only weight but size.

I might also trade in the GX7.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow