Sony a7 III or Canon 6d mk II?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RoyalMorgan Junior Member • Posts: 48
Sony a7 III or Canon 6d mk II?

I was a Canon user since a few months ago, now I'm an unhappy Sony user ( Sony a6500 + many lenses such the 16mm 1.4 30mm 1.4 12mm 2.0 sony 18-105 sony 16-50...)

why unhappy Sony user:

Sony a6500 it's great for videos but for stills...

-it has a very very poor battery life, 3-4 batteries to fill an ordinary shooting day... with my old Canon 6d 1 battery was more than enough...

-very poor autofocus performance for sports/naturalistic shoots it's pretty unusable, for street photography it's a 50% - 50% low light don't think about it.

-"portability" it's lighter than the Canon 6d + lens but not that lighter to leave the bag at home, so at the end of the day I need to bring with me a medium bag. and I don't have any good walkaround lens such a 24-70 2.8.

-the lag time it takes an eternity to turn on, but that's an issue with all mirrorless so now I'm aware of the "issue"

So my question is. should I consider to buy the Sony a7 III? on paper, this Sony it's the best, someone has tried this new beast with a good lens (GM lenses)? battery life and autofocus in low light are great?

thanks for reading

RoyalMorgan's gear list:RoyalMorgan's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +1 more
Canon EOS 6D Sony a6500 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C47
C47
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow