New ZS200 occasional camera hangs

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mikey94025 New Member • Posts: 14
New ZS200 occasional camera hangs

I've had my new ZS200 for only a week now.  I haven't tried to take any serious pictures yet and am just trying to get familiar with its controls and advanced features.  I'm spending time now to learn how to best set exposure vs. just relying on automatic-everything as I've done before with my cameras.

Three times during this past week and while adjusting various options on the touchscreen display or directional control, the ZS200 has frozen and hung.  The display freezes onto what I was showing and nothing happens if I change any of the physical controls.  Turning the on/off switch to off doesn't turn the camera off.  What I can do is eject the battery and re-insert it, then everything is back to normal.

It's may be too soon yet but has any other new ZS200 owners noticed this?  It doesn't happen frequently so it's not a major issue and could just be a firmware bug for a new product, but I would want to exchange within my 30 day window if no one else notices this and my unit might be defective.

Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow