seeking advice on lenses for E-M5 mark ii

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MacroDonata
MacroDonata New Member • Posts: 6
seeking advice on lenses for E-M5 mark ii

I just bought a used em-5 Mark ii, Version 4.0, mainly for its focus bracketing and focus stacking capabilities, and the hi-res mode.

I have been using a Sony a65 with 50 and 100mm Minolta macros for close images.  I have no experience with focus stacking or bracketing.

I'd like to stay with lenses that maximize in-camera capabilities, which are the two macros and the PRO lenses, but I'll listen to alternative suggestions.

Within that group, I'd like a lens that gives the most flexibility as a general use lens, as long as I can use it for close/~macro work.

I have a Nanoha 10+16 extension tube set - for Olympus -  and a Raynox 250.

My initial thoughts lean to the 30mm macro for starters.  I kind of like the 12-100 PRO for its close focusing and overall flexibility.

I'm looking for advice from people who have used the lenses they recommend and, hopefully the stacking/bracketing modes for the close/macro work that interests me most.

I'm trying to avoid the "Oh, crap, I with I had known that BEFORE I spent x-hundred dollars.

Thanks for your time.

MacroDonata's gear list:MacroDonata's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A57 Olympus E-M5 II Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 +6 more
Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow