Lens upgrade

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
M30A New Member • Posts: 1
Lens upgrade

Hi guys,

So I'm trying to decide what lens to buy and I'm a bit lost.

I have a Nikon d3300 that I bought almost a year ago with the 18-55 kit lens. I'm no proffesional photographer but there were plenty of occasions when I found myself frustrated with the IQ and capabilities of this lens and I'm ready to step up.

I'm travelling a lot at the moment so I'm looking for 1 versatile lens that will be compact and light (I backpack, go camping, hiking etc so I don't want to carry a few different lenses)

I will mostly do scenic photography but I still want to have the option to zoom in to capture stuff like animals and get some decent macro photos..
That's why I was looking at the Nikon 18-200 and the Sigma 18-250 at first but I can't ignore all the reviews that say how much you compromise on IQ with those lenses.

So the question is, what lens will fit my needs best? Is the versatility of a 18-200 lens worth the compromise in quality or should I go with the nikon 18-140? or even the 18-105?

Cost is obviously a major consideration as well since I'm on a pretty tight budget (would rather not cross 400$) but I don't mind buying second hand for the right lens.

I know this is a pretty general question but I'm really lost and could use some help to stir me in the right direction.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow