Extension tube for the Oly 45 f/1.8?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Auf Reisen Regular Member • Posts: 176
Extension tube for the Oly 45 f/1.8?

So, I've been playing around with the Oly 45. Initially, I was sceptical, as the focal length didn't suit the role I bought it for (casual portraits). Having walked around with it, I now like it more and use it for more abstract images, and detailled architecture shots.

One thing I am not happy with is the comparitively large minimal focusing distance.

Would it make sense to get an extension tube for the 45? If so, which one? By how much will a 10mm tube reduce the minimal focusing distance?
The last time I tried a tube, it was an Mcoplus with the Oly 40-150R, and the autofocus was so terrible that I had to send it back.
A lot of people here seem happy with the Fotga AF. Can anyone say anything about the fit, build quality, and AF speed and accuracy?
Thanks!

Auf Reisen's gear list:Auf Reisen's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow