D810 - How to set for 'P' Auto mode for Best Results

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
IndianCanuck Forum Member • Posts: 61
D810 - How to set for 'P' Auto mode for Best Results

Greetings all. I've recently acquired a D810 with 24-120 F/4 kit, and have been very pleased with the combo performance. As we upgraded from D7100 and 18-140 combo, the performance is just stellar, however need some inputs from all you D810 owning folks. I normally use the camera in 'A'perture priority mode, with AF-C ON, Auto ISO Off, and use Single Point AF, and all 51 points activated.

As the camera is used sometimes by my better half at times when I'm at work (an IT Pro), to click our kids, aged 2 and 6. I'm wondering if we can set D810 'P' mode settings to be more automated (as it does not have dedicated Auto/Scene modes), so that it behaves akin to Green Auto or Scene modes of D7100, which used to give great output in those settings leaving little requirement for post-processing. These settings would also be helpful to hand-over camera to a newbie to click pictures, when I need to be in the frame, mostly during family -gatherings.

So far I tried below settings on D810, but had unsatisfactory results;

- 'P'rogram Auto Mode

- Flash enabled/open

- Set Auto ISO to ON, Max ISO of 3200, with 1 step faster shutter speed

- AF mode set to AF-S, with Focus Point control set to 'Auto'.

- In Autofocus settings, all 51 points selected.

Suggestions Please. TIA.

IndianCanuck's gear list:IndianCanuck's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow