I need some help with picking a secondary camera...X-Pro 2, X-E3, or X100F?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jaeger0088 Junior Member • Posts: 29
I need some help with picking a secondary camera...X-Pro 2, X-E3, or X100F?

Hello All,

I recently sold my X-T1 to upgrade to a X-H1 and I'm loving it! It's such a great camera! However, I've lately been wanting something a little bit smaller as well to take with me on day trips out on the motorcycle or perhaps when I go to the beach for a day. And then I would keep my X-H1 for my professional/paid work that I do.

With that in mind, and some extra cash in hand, I've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities. The X-Pro 2, X100F, and X-E3.

The X-Pro 2 would be perfect to use with my F2 Prime trinity lenses. It's not too big for me, and I really like rangefinder style of it too. It's also got weather-sealing (Which isn't as important as I thought before but it's still nice to have). It has the hybrid ovf/evf which is really nice to have as well. Being able to anticipate your subject coming into the frame is made so much easier by this! My only issue is that I worry about the viewfinder. I wear glasses and have heard it can be a bit too small. Has anyone experienced this? What about the new update rolling out with bigger text and icons? Will that Alleviate this you think?

My next choice is the X100F. Small, light, and very capable. Included flash built in, as well as a built in ND Filter. Very nice and stylish camera. However, I wouldn't be able to change lenses. And people have complained about softness at F2, is this true? Can it be fixed in post-processing? I also worry about how hard it may be to change the aperture...it seems the aperture ring sits very tight against the body. Has anyone had problems with this?

My last option is the X-E3, which combines a bit of both the X-Pro 2 and X100F. It's small, light, and can change lenses. It also is suppose to have better eyepoint relief and a bit bigger viewfinder than the other two. But, it has less dials and I'm not sure how well the touchscreen controls work. Can anyone comment?

Can anyone make any suggestions or comments? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow