Manual Focus Assist - A6300 question

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
seuadr Regular Member • Posts: 434
Manual Focus Assist - A6300 question

Hi,

I recently moved to the a6300 from the a6000. One of the things i discovered that was not originally part of the equation when i was considering the move was the AF/MF lever on the camera. Now that it is simpler to choose to toggle manual focus i've started trying to do it, since i spend a fair amount of time trying to nail woodland creatures high up in branches.

i'm seeing a behavior that is possibly just settings or technique that i don't know what to call it and haven't had any luck searching on - once i've adjusted the focus manually to get what i want, when i press the shutter it refocuses, often runing the focus i just adjusted. I thought that perhaps i should be holding the shutter half pressed, but when i do that it constantly focuses back and forth as i adjust the focus manually.

is this a setting i can adjust? is this just operator error?

i'd love to figure out what i am doing wrong here - I look forward to your input.

Thanks for your time and effort,

Jared

seuadr's gear list:seuadr's gear list
Sony a6000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a6500 Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow