HX60 Movie/record Button question

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OVG New Member • Posts: 4
HX60 Movie/record Button question

Due to many woes with my HX9V draining any battery extremely fast when not in use(The internal date battery seems to be gone too as it dies as soon as new battery in) I decided I wanted a new camera but a few too many unexpected bills put most of the proper options I wanted on hold so I grabbed a preowned HX60 as an interim (thinking that it should be as good as or improve on my HX9V in every way).

I noticed a few changes, some I cared about (no longer able to take still images while shooting a video) and some I don't (the high resolution panorama and the pointless '3D').

One thing I have noticed which is more of an inconvenience for me is the record button (movie button?) which on the old camera could be used to start recording whichever mode you were in (at least on the automatic modes anyway).  On this it tells me you have to manually switch mode to Movie first then press the button.  Is there any setting to let you use this button in other modes or is that more functionality that has been removed?  It seems strange as it defeats the point of even having the button at all as if you need to switch mode you may as well just use the shoot button to start videos too.

I tried Googling but found no results.  I know this is an old camera but I thought it was worth asking in here if I was out of luck or if there were any options I was unaware of.  I haven't played with Manual mode yet so only tested it on the two auto modes and movie mode.

Thanks

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow