European General Data Protection Regulations

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dominic G Smith Regular Member • Posts: 254
European General Data Protection Regulations

These regulations enhance the Data Protection Act which has been in force for years. However, I just found this on an 'advisory' website.

"And in regards to photographs, you’ll need to get written client permissions and potentially those of others who will be in your photographs (if you are a wedding photographer, for example). Please seek expert guidance for further clarifation on this."

https://www.sixthsensepr.co.uk/gdpr-photography-business/

Now when my clients sign for weddings the booking form at present says I have their permission to use any photographs taken at the wedding for advertising purposes. I also offer them the opportunity to have their own Gallery password protected.

Events work slightly differently, but for Event's and Weddings, not once in the last 25 years has anyone called me and asked for a photo to be removed or taken down.

I'm no legal expert, but from the above it would 'seem' that we will all need teams of people running around at every Wedding and Event getting guests to sign biuts of paper agreeing to their 'images' being on line. I can just hear the wails from the Photobooth Industry.

Does anyone have any thoughts on it, because to me it's totally ludicrous and completely unworkable. The only emails I retain are from clients booking me and from anyone that creates an account on my website - and do I have to go back and obtain 'permissions' retrospectively.

I think I'll maybe write to the Information Commissioners Office and ask them to explain. Seriously, if this is taken to the nth degree we'll all be out of business.

www.bridalimage.co.uk

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow