Hot pixels?, light reflection?, or some erratic behavior caused by the JPEG settings?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
quattro_bajeena New Member • Posts: 17
Hot pixels?, light reflection?, or some erratic behavior caused by the JPEG settings?

This morning I was reviewing some photos from last night and I came across these spots I couldn't really understand. Photos first (you'll have to zoom in to see them, so pardon the micro shake and awful framing, 't was my first day testing the XF14):

What I thought immediately (although having never experienced them, or noticed at least) was that I got some dreaded hot / stuck pixel, because in the bottle photos above you can see the spot is on the same place - right in the middle, left to the bottle neck, pretty visible -, but on a second and third study I realized the bright dot is ever so skewed. And on the last photo, when I moved the bottle to the middle, this spot was gone.

Checking some earlier photos from hours before I haven't seen anything like that appear in the colored pictures, but they are there in some other B&W shots (only going to show two this time)

In these other two photos you can see something similar happening at the bottom (one top the handrail, one a bit more of the left) and center right (on the darker glass surface, six panels counting from the top, four to the right), but here I am even less sure if it was some light source reflected on the steel and glass.

Then there's the JPEG settings, that was pretty wild by itself: DR200, Acros +G, Highlight +1, Shadows +2, Sharpness +1, NR -2, weak Grain, ISO 1600.

I'm puzzled (and as stated above, not really have any prior memory of hot pixels to compare), so what do you people think is going on here?, hot pixels, light source or JPEG misbehavior?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow