E-M10 MKIII : build quality? (+remote app question)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Higure74 New Member • Posts: 4
E-M10 MKIII : build quality? (+remote app question)

Hi,

I want to buy a light camera for travel, and the E-M 10 MKIII seems like the ideal candidate for me.

I was actually on the verge of buying it yesterday at Yodobashi Camera, but had a last minute hesitation.

The reason was that one of the models on display had a broken mode dial. It was almost totally out of its socket, and there was no more any “click stop” when turning it. Useless.

So, OK, I know that display models are used and abused by people visiting such a big store. But it made me question the build quality nonetheless.

Any user here on the forum has an unfiortunate experience to share with the E-M10III overall build quality, or did I stumble into a wrong place-wrong time-wrong camera combo?

Furthermore, I read online that Olympus cameras used to have an annoying issue when using them with the remote app: when shooting video, the recording used to stop after 16 seconds.

Granted, it was a long time ago, and I assume it’s been solved.

Still, confirmation that this is no longer an issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Olympus OM-D E-M10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow