Seeking advice: fixing cycling projector screen color casts in photos?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Northrunner New Member • Posts: 10
Seeking advice: fixing cycling projector screen color casts in photos?

Hi all,

So, today I covered an event involving a number of speakers and musicians in an event room with two large projector screens. Upon reviewing initial test shots, it became immediately clear that I had a problem: my camera was catching the projectors cycling through magenta, green, and rainbow hues. I didn't immediately know how to fix the problem and eventually had to go ahead and shoot.

So now I'm home and looking at vibrant green and violently magenta color casts on screens behind people--and occasionally lighting up people--and wondering how I'm going to rescue these photos. I'm sure there's some kind of information or strategy out there to at least reduce the effect, but I've done some research and not coming up with anything (probably because I don't know the right terms).

Does anyone has any advice for fixing these crazily cycling colors? Or preventing them in the future? In eleven years, I've never run into this issue. Feeling like a novice right now.

For what it's worth, I shot on a Nikon D500 at a variety of settings. Shutter between 1/320 and 1/500; F 6.3-8; ISO 3200 & 6400. I had to push ISO to get a fast enough shot with enough of the scene in focus.

Any advice would be warmly received.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow