KP stays black when shutter depressed half-way

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Historicity Senior Member • Posts: 1,298
KP stays black when shutter depressed half-way

Since I haven't had my KP very long and have only had it on a couple of hikes, I don't know whether this is a defect or simply something I am doing wrong. I am emboldened to start this thread because one other person, KPM2, has experienced the same failing. What we both have done to correct the problem is to release our lenses from the camera and then fix them back into place. After that, depressing the shutter half way provides the usual information in the viewfinder, and then pressing the shutter all the way permits the taking of the shot.

Has anyone else had this problem with his KP? And more importantly, does anyone have a fix?

In reading through the Menu I noticed that the default of the "Hold AF Status" is "Low." Just in case that might have kept the AF from operating instead of merely slowing it down I changed the "Hold AF Status" to "off."

It occurred to me that the contacts on my 30-year old F35-135 lens might have been the problem on the last hike, but on the first hike I took the KP on, I used the DA 16-85mm lens. As new as it is I doubt that the DA 16-85mm lens could have a corrosion-on-contact problem.

Any information on this subject will be appreciated.

Lawrence

Historicity's gear list:Historicity's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-600 Olympus E-5 +80 more
Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow