The Mighty 16 is Gone!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
psrkn Regular Member • Posts: 282
Re: The Mighty 16 is Gone!

Greg7579 wrote:

I lost it in the past 72 hours. I don't know where. It is gone.

I'm searching my brain and I might have left it on the pew of a church in Jaen. But I don't think so.

It is gone. It is not in the car. It is not in my two camera bags. It is not in my luggage.

It is gone.

I have dropped lenses. I have never lost one.

This is a first.

I'm very sad and mad at myself. I'm very careful when I change lenses and use a bench or a table.... I always double check that the changed lens is back in the bag.

I guess it is slightly possible a housekeeper could have grabbed it in a hotel, but very doubtful.

I have the 23/35/50 F2s, the Brick, the 56, 90, 50-140, Rok 12 and the Mighty 16 on this trip. The 16 is gone.

I told Teresa I was buying another one the second I get home and you know what she said?

She said no way.

But I'm too sad to argue with her right now.

The Mighty 16 is gone and I don't know what happened to it.

I started looking for it last night when I wanted to go out and do some street night shots.

Dammit.

I probably should not start a thread on this, but if I can't tell you guys my sorrow here, who can I tell?

I'm in Cordoba. That 16 is somewhere in Jaen or maybe Priego del Cortoba -- my last two stops.

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

I'm sorry that you lost the mighty 16. I think your wife will let you buy another one later to make you happy.

psrkn's gear list:psrkn's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Sony RX1R Canon G3 X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha a99 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
afm
(unknown member)
afm
(unknown member)
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow