The Mighty 16 is Gone!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg7579
Greg7579 Senior Member • Posts: 3,462
The Mighty 16 is Gone!

I lost it in the past 72 hours.  I don't know where.  It is gone.

I'm searching my brain and I might have left it on the pew of a church in Jaen.  But I don't think so.

It is gone.  It is not in the car.  It is not in my two camera bags.  It is not in my luggage.

It is gone.

I have dropped lenses.  I have never lost one.

This is a first.

I'm very sad and mad at myself.  I'm very careful when I change lenses and use a bench or a table.... I always double check that the changed lens is back in the bag.

I guess it is slightly possible a housekeeper could have grabbed it in a hotel, but very doubtful.

I have the 23/35/50 F2s, the Brick, the 56, 90, 50-140, Rok 12 and the Mighty 16 on this trip.  The 16 is gone.

I told Teresa I was buying another one the second I get home and you know what she said?

She said no way.

But I'm too sad to argue with her right now.

The Mighty 16 is gone and I don't know what happened to it.

I started looking for it last night when I wanted to go out and do some street night shots.

Dammit.

I probably should not start a thread on this, but if I can't tell you guys my sorrow here, who can I tell?

I'm in Cordoba.  That 16 is somewhere in Jaen or maybe Priego del Cortoba -- my last two stops.

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X-T2 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
afm
afm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow