For all those with stubby or fat fingers.....

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
icon1 Contributing Member • Posts: 547
For all those with stubby or fat fingers.....

OK - a minor rant.  Is it just me, or why do I have to struggle with my fat arthritic fingers to extract a memory card from the camera.  There is just so little to grip on. I think it must have been designed by (and for) 5th percentile Asians (trying not to be racist here...).  Same with my Toyota, you have to be a contortionist with skinny double jointed arms to replace rear spark plugs and things like the first O2 sensor.

For example, how about this for an engine layout you can really get your arms into....

(PS - any guesses??)

I have spent my career working with engineers and explaining that you have to design systems and products with the requirements and limitations of the end user in mind.  How many pieces of software do not get used because the interface is too clunky and is organized in a manner that doesn't match how people actually work with the product?  Same goes for hardware (especially military)....I could go on.

Rant over..........

icon1's gear list:icon1's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow