A7III or A7RII for an enthusiast

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Matpan Regular Member • Posts: 429
A7III or A7RII for an enthusiast

Hey Everyone,
Thanks in advance for indulging the musings of an indecisive perfectionist
I sold all my fuji gear about half a year ago. I was not using it much at that moment and a period of work was coming up that gave me very little time. Plus I could use the cash at the moment for my working gear (renew computer and such, since I am a digital illustrator and concept artist)
Now I am looking into getting back to photography again. I don´t look to become a pro, I did only one paid gig ( a wedding) with nice results (at least for me and the couple who where super happy) and I might do that again in the future, but not necessarily. My main work is illustration, and I occasionally use material from my pictures as reference or base to start some concepts... 
I decided to go full frame... and loving mirrorless and having used Sony products in other areas I was immediately drawn to their offering. 
And alas! what a great time to jump in FF Sony, with two of their new mark III models just released. I will be getting either in the following months.
but I am torn... get the a7III and save a few bucks or dish out that extra K and go for the R... 
having into account my background and my enthusiast use what would be your suggestion?

I thank again in advance your collective wisdom and fare you all a great day!
--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/144857962@N07/

Matpan's gear list:Matpan's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow