Should Sigma make a new Quattro m4/3 camera?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 10,406
Should Sigma make a new Quattro m4/3 camera?

I believe that if Sigma wants to upgrade their Quattro sensors to higher resolution in the future, one way to develop it is to make a new, more dense, m4/3 sensor, and put it into a pair of m4/3 bodies (one with a tilt screen and a cheaper one without). I believe they can package these cameras with a good prime lens, which they already make, and they just might have a winner, if their camera captures 20 MP in a little m4/3 camera body, which is significantly lighter than the SD Quattro . . . even if the camera is the same price as the SD Quattro. They could call them the SD-43 and SD-44 maybe. I'd be hoping such a camera works much like the SD Quattro, has the same battery as the DP Quattro series (and Panasonic FZ1000, which I tried recently and love), and would be Sigma's first camera to have Wi-Fi. (The SD-44 could have a viewfinder and a tilt screen, which would make it a bit bigger than the cheaper, lighter, and smaller SD-43.)

What do you think?

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
http://www.bigprintphotos.com

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sony Alpha a7 Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H +17 more
Panasonic FZ1000 Sigma sd Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow