Picky about Printers Can't get a Straight Answer, Need Help

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kellbell New Member • Posts: 2
Picky about Printers Can't get a Straight Answer, Need Help

I have been going back and forth with Canon for days now and my head is spinning,  the information they're giving me doesn't make sense.  I would be grateful if someone could point in the right direction and clear this up for me.

Here's my situation,  I am looking to replace my Canon Pixma MX892 all in one printer,  I've had this for 6years so it's been awhile since I had to do this.  I only use Canon products,  own only Canon cameras,  it's my preference and I've been very happy with this decision.  My MX892 was a very good AIO printer,  with a resolution of 9600x2400 dpi for color prints. I print tons of pictures, photography is my passion. I only care about the quality of pics but for work I also need the ability to scan and copy,  don't care about fax,  don't use it. Also need a wifi connection and I've given up on finding a good printer that copies negatives and has a reprint photo feature newer ones don't seem to exist.

So after a week of research,  I contunue to ask Canon to recommend a printer with as good resolution or better as my MX892. They explain resolution and continue to recommend TS6120 but this printer has a resolution of 4800x1200dpi(4). I'm not sure what the little 4 means after dpi but I can't wrap my head around them recommending a printer that to the best of my understanding has a poorer resolution then mine.  They also recommend the Pro-10 but this has a resolution of 4800x2400but uses different ink. Regardless,  I can't afford a $700 printer right now and it doesn't have a scan or copy feature.

To the best of my ability,  until I understand this,  I have settled on the Pixma MG7720. Supposedly, this is thre best AIO printer on the market with the next step up being a Pro model. If someone could tell me if this is comparable to my old printer or recommend an AIO that is newer around the 300-400 price point that will be better or as good as my MX892, I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Thank you so very much!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS6 (Lumix DMC-FT6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow