DSLR 'on' speed vs. a6000, a6300, a6500?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
robtec88 Regular Member • Posts: 255
DSLR 'on' speed vs. a6000, a6300, a6500?

I have been a Nikon APS-C DSLR user for years. I'm highly considering the move to a smaller, mirrorless camera camera setup and I have my 'eye' on the Sony a6000. The reason I'm considering the a6000 is that I really have no interest in video - the 4K feature of the a6300 and a6500 don't interest me in the least. I would sooner use the money saved by buying the a6000, over the a6300 and a6500, to buy quality lenses.

My real concern with mirrorless is:

1) How fast does the a6000 turn on and ready to shoot versus any DSLR (which most are virtually under a second to almost instant)?

2) Can you leave the a6000 'on' while it's sitting on a table for hours on end, so that it is ready to shoot with in a fleeting moment - say at a family function? My Nikon could sit on our outside dining table all afternoon, turned on and ready to shoot and the battery bar would barely drop 1 bar. This is also handy at any sporting event where you need to leave your camera 'on' and ready for action.

**For those that have made the switch or have both a mirrorless and DSLR systems still going, please share your pros and cons of each and which camera do you find yourself consistently grabbing for. I would welcome any comments that may sway me from Sony mirrorless and point me to Fujifilm, Olympus or even Canon mirrorless.

Thanks in advance - I appreciate all of your contributions and opinions

Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow