Composition shifts on my Nikon B700 when I press shutter button

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AnneE New Member • Posts: 12
Composition shifts on my Nikon B700 when I press shutter button

Hi, everyone.  I bought a Nikon Coolpix B700 about two and a half weeks ago, after years of using Panasonic cameras.  When using the B700, in about half of my photos, there was a loud "clunk" which I could feel as well as hear when I composed the image and pressed the shutter button.  The whole image shifted its position in my viewfinder, being moved upward, downward or to the side.  This affects the actual photo taken, not just the view in the viewfinder.  This resulted in headless birds, birds with no tail or no feet, for example.  This was happening whether I was using zoom or not.  Took camera back to store and it was exchanged for a new one.  Well, took this new camera out yesterday and discovered that it, too, was shifting many of the images, but without a loud "clunk".  Has anyone else experienced this?  Maybe it is something that I am doing wrong, though I can't imagine what could cause this mess.  Any help would be extremely welcome!!

Nikon Coolpix B700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow