D3S Fine tune--how to?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
terrillbruce Junior Member • Posts: 47
D3S Fine tune--how to?

Hi Guys,

I recently got hold of a D3S in near perfect condition with less than 1500 shots on the counter and was mad keen to get out and play with it. I attached a nikkor 200-500mm F5.6 and went out to a favourite site that gives me mixed birds from Sparrow size all the way through to Spoonbills. I cam home with about 520 shots and after checking them through Lightroom i realised that I had made a childish mistake and not checked the equipment before heading out into the bush. All images are soft and mildly blurry and I'm unsure as to whether its a front or rear focussing problem or something worse? With this being a fairly old D3S camera I am unsure as to the best way to go about checking the focusing issues and would appreciate some guidance from you Guys. Oh BTW, the 200-500 is a proven performer on other cameras including my D7200 and D500.

I appreciate you taking the time to help. . .

Bruce

terrillbruce's gear list:terrillbruce's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II +7 more
Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow