Which lens?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Equisuz Forum Member • Posts: 74
Which lens?

I shoot equestrian sports and when I shoot polo I usually use an aperture of f9-f11 to get as much sharpness on the whole team as I can. I have the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 which I usually use but I’d really like more reach. Not planning to buy any new lenses for the D500 right now as I’m pondering buying a Sony A8

This maybe an exceedingly stupid question but am I better off putting a 1.4 TC on my sigma or shooting with my Nikon kit 70-300mm since I plan to shoot aperture 9 to 11?

Logically it seems like I should use the lens that cost $2000 instead of the lens that cost a few hundred but I believe the reason I spent the $2000 was for aperture 2.8 so I can shoot in the evening under the lights

Thoughts? Is it a no brainer and I’m just having a brain fart?

Thanks

Susan

Equisuz's gear list:Equisuz's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon 85mm F1.8G +1 more
Nikon D5 Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow