Which lens?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Equisuz Forum Member • Posts: 85
Which lens?

I shoot equestrian sports and when I shoot polo I usually use an aperture of f9-f11 to get as much sharpness on the whole team as I can. I have the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 which I usually use but I’d really like more reach. Not planning to buy any new lenses for the D500 right now as I’m pondering buying a Sony A8

This maybe an exceedingly stupid question but am I better off putting a 1.4 TC on my sigma or shooting with my Nikon kit 70-300mm since I plan to shoot aperture 9 to 11?

Logically it seems like I should use the lens that cost $2000 instead of the lens that cost a few hundred but I believe the reason I spent the $2000 was for aperture 2.8 so I can shoot in the evening under the lights

Thoughts? Is it a no brainer and I’m just having a brain fart?

Thanks

Susan

Equisuz's gear list:Equisuz's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon 85mm F1.8G +1 more
Nikon D5 Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow