D850 engaging autofocus by itself?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nicodimus22
nicodimus22 Senior Member • Posts: 2,948
D850 engaging autofocus by itself?

Hey folks. I'm hoping that this issue is a setting somewhere I accidentally changed, and can change back once I know what it is.

I've had my D850 for about a week now, and since yesterday, it has been searching for focus by itself as soon as I power it on, regardless of which lens I put on it. When I say by itself, I mean that I'm not touching the camera, and it keeps updating the focus every few seconds. I have it set up for AFC and back button focus, so me holding down the button on the back should be the only thing that activates AF...yet it keeps doing it until I power the camera down. The button on the back doesn't feel stuck down or anything strange.

Hoping that it's not a defective unit, because it took forever to get this one. Is there something I'm missing that would cause it to do this?

nicodimus22's gear list:nicodimus22's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC +7 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow