DRO and HDR in Sony HX90

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
moniuch New Member • Posts: 8
DRO and HDR in Sony HX90

Hi everyone (this is my first post here),

In many ways I am very satisfied with my HX90V, there is one area though where I am dissapointed. Perhaps due to lack of understanding how it work or perhaps because I have used other cameras that handle it in another way.

It is DRO and HDR modes.

In DRO - regardless of the EV step setting - I always end up with a single image, which doesn't however differ in any way from a neutral shot (with DRO/HDR turned off).

In HDR - also regardless of the EV step setting - I always receivend up with 2 images.  One looks neutral, the other kind of processed however the outcome is rather poor.

I would like to first understand what these two images are - is my guess rcorrect that the first one is a 0EV shot, while the other is a composition of all the steps camera shot and stored in memory?

FYI: I am shooting DRO/HDR in "P" mode - one of the few where it is availabl.

I will be really grateful for shedding some light on me in this matter as the manual is rather terse here.

moniuch's gear list:moniuch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V
ANSWER:
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow