Travel - my camera philosophy

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snappyden
snappyden Senior Member • Posts: 2,905
Travel - my camera philosophy

We went for a walk yesterday with some good friends. He shoots with a Nikon 7200 DSLR and a variety of lenses, so he normally has a small camera backpack with him wherever he goes. These days I'm fine with my old ZS15 in my pocket wherever I go.

Here is an image I shot yesterday, plus 3 small P&S camera images from recent trips. When I sent my friend yesterday's image, thinking he would send back a few of his, he responded "nice shots", and said he didn't have any good ones to send back.

We are leaving next week for 3 weeks in France and I'm planning on taking my ZS15 and a Sony RX100i along, nothing more. Based on the reality of primarily viewing and sharing my images on high quality monitors, I really see little upside in lugging large pieces of photographic equipment along on trips abroad. I guess its "to each his/her own" but I would much rather be in the moment experiencing the environment I am in than playing with cameras and lenses. I frequently plan trips for friends and colleagues to Europe and always suggest the "limit the photography equipment and be in the moment" philosophy.

Your comments would be appreciated and interesting.

Bon voyage to all,

Den

Yesterday with the ZS15

Chianti sunrise

Cotswolds, England - ZS19

Bridge of Sighs, Venice

snappyden's gear list:snappyden's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Sony RX100
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow