Paris & Southern France

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 5,749
To the OP

Been to Paris/Nice 3 times, Denmark, Athens and Istanbul once and I'd cover 16- 105 with a FF and buy a smaller flash that you can put in your pocket and take a polarizer. With today's bodies use auto ISO rather than buying heavier, more expensive glass. This is unless you're young and this is your form of exercise. I just got back from Monterey and Big Sur and used 24-105 90% of the time, 16-35 8% and 70-200 2%.

In older cities with small, crowded streets 16 or wider will be handy.

Why I'm really responding is to buy Michelin Guides and study them. They were valuable for southern France. I assume you're renting a car in southern France. I would encourage you to visit Grasse (flowers where they make perfume), Nice, Eze, Monaco, Menton, Ventimiglia (Italy), La Turbie and the very small village of Castellar (north of Menton). Eze is an old fort that was used back in the plague and now it has shops, hotels and beautiful views of the sea.

The drive along the coast from Nice to Ventimiglia is beautiful.

All of the above is covered in Michelin guides.

Now you can buy GPS's with Europe in them--- I'd suggest Garmin.

Post some photos when you return.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow