1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Thoughts R Us Senior Member • Posts: 2,592
Yes: Sony's Are Toys

tvstaff wrote:

Ryanide wrote:

That's it! I'm done waiting on Canon to come out with a Mirrorless FF replacement for my 1DXII so I'm making to move to SONY.

I'm tired of traveling with all the weight of the 1DXII and the idea of buying a 2 year old 5DIV, that is not really much smaller, just doesn't sit well with me.

I'm going to try the Metabones adapter with my Canon Lenses and see how that works out. Maybe in a few years Canon will catch up to Sony, but I just can't wait any longer. : (

As a sports photog who works in TOUGH conditions, I have to laugh. The toys that Sony make would crush the first sideline hit they took. My 1DXMKII and big whites have proven they can take hits and keep working. The sonys crumble like toys. Ive seen it first hand.

Thank you for your insight based on experience.  The Sony's are indeed toys...they appeal more to our instincts to like gadgetry and spec sheets than real photography.

I can make a fully loaded Hyundai look better on paper than a Mercedes or BMW but I know which car I would choose.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow