My New Human Museum Camera Bag

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Greg7579
Greg7579 Senior Member • Posts: 3,462
My New Human Museum Camera Bag

Guys,

I'm traveling in Andalucia for 6 weeks and shooting the incredible XH-1 every day all day. I finally have some strong internet and am posting some full size JPEGs right now. I have posted about 600 I think.... Oh well.

Last Sunday we were in one of the best art museums in the world, the Bellas Artes (Fine Arts) Museum in Sevilla.

I walked in with my little Domke F803 bags and the XH-1 around my neck. In the bag was the Mighty 16, 23/35/50 F2s, and Rok 12. I left the hotel with just primes for the museum shoot because with IBIS the primes rock indoors. It makes a mockery of the no-tripod rule, because the XH-1 turns your arms into two tripod legs.

I also use this fantastic (but expensive) table tripod with its three slender stiff legs -- the FLM CP10-A1.  I carry that with me always.  I prop two legs against my chest with the camera jammed on my face (EVF) and that gives me a couple of more stops of stability.

So I walked in and security stopped me. No bag. What? I argued to no avail. They explained that the bag might swing and hit a painting. Even women had to check their purses.  In that museum you can walk right up to the paintings.  No bags allowed.  But they let you shoot with no flash.

Luckily, I had each of the primes in a soft pouch in the bag.  So I took the 5 primes out and handed three of them to Teresa. They were in their little bags so she wrapped the strings around her fingers and carried them around the museum for me. I took the other two and hung them on my belt. Five primes! No bag.  I loved my new human camera bag, but Teresa said it hindered he iPhone shooting.  I said, no worries, iPhone shots are wasted in there.  I saved her from all those bad shots.  Hee hee....

Here is a shot of Teresa standing next to the famous Murrillo Immaculate Conception from 1652. Check it out -- she is holding three of my little primes like a good girl. 😎  Note that she is still holding the phone.  She tried to shoot with it, against my advice.

I shot this with the 23 and zoomed with my feet to try to square it up as best I could.

My Human Camera Bag, Teresa.  Also my wife of 35 Years 😜

Greg Johnson, San Antonio, Texas
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139148982@N02/albums

Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X-T2 +9 more
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow