Resurected Lens

Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DwrCymru
DwrCymru New Member • Posts: 1
Resurected Lens

I come across all these old posts about lenses that are now available on various sites for sale. Some, when the lenses first came out make them sound as though they were a pile of rubbish compared to lenses that cost 20 times more, well, I got this lens attached to an old "EF-M" film camera, the shutter was destroyed beyond repair, the lens was absolutely filthily, dirt, grease, and stuck on UV filter.

That, was to me the shining light of getting a lens in pristine condition. This lens had never been taken off the original camera, the UV filter was absolutely filthy,  probably because the camera had not been used for years.

The shutter in the camera was, well, destroyed, it was not repairable but all I was interested in was the lens. It had a poor review when it first appeared on the scene, but, reviews are based on personal preferences, just like the one I'm giving here.

I attached this lens on my 600D, it worked, focused, stopped down the aperture, did what every Canon ES lens was supposed to do. I was shocked when the  lens focused for the first time, no hunting, it just locked onto the area I was focusing on, this is after around 10 years of non usage. It's a brilliant little lens, sharp, I don't pixel peep, light, and cost me nothing, so many lenses lying around with a bad press when they first appeared on the "Scene" but now provide outstanding results. Shame on those that passed it by, I have one and it's not for sale.

NOTE: This is a test post to actually find out if anyone actually reads these articles anymore, I did, I just needed to know if there were others out there that read these older articles, I still own and use the lens by the way,

Dave

DwrCymru's gear list:DwrCymru's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P600 Canon EOS 600D Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
DwrCymru's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow