1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
PhozoKozmos
PhozoKozmos Contributing Member • Posts: 768
Re: Sony = Worst Mirrorless Brand

Thoughts R Us wrote:

IMHO Sony is probably the worst mirrorless brand. If I were going to go with a mirrorless brand right now it would probably be Fuji, or if I wanted a truly significant size/weight reduction I would go with micro four thirds, either Olympus or Panasonic.

or

• Sony 20.29mp DNG m43 sensor Xiaoyi Yi M1
  • ... with your favorite non-Sony lens
  • ... Laowa EF adapted 12mm Zero-D

Fuji, Olympus, and Panasonic are infinitely more enjoyable to use than a Sony, and that's why the OP seeks a size/weight reduction anyway...to make travel more enjoyable. Why would one trade the inconvenience of carrying more weight around for the inconvenience of using a Sony?

And yes, I have tried all of those mirrorless systems, and the only one I did not enjoy at all was the Sony.

Then there's the reliability of Sony cameras...a real gamble to spend big bucks on Sony equipment.

Sure Sony has great sensors, but that's it. And a camera system is more than the sensor.

Of course, as many have pointed out, Sony has not much of a size/weight advantage when one takes into account lenses. This matters as much if not more in determining the weight of the system, unless one is going to only use a camera without a lens!

IMHO Sony has no real advantage in anything. If you want utmost performance, then a top of the line DSLR from Canon or Nikon. If you want mirrorless, then Fuji/Oly/Panny.

-- hide signature --

pzk
phos.zoe.kosmos (light.life.world)
phos-kosmos (light of the world)
phos-zoe (light of life)
photo-graph-them-all!

PhozoKozmos's gear list:PhozoKozmos's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Venus Laowa 12mm F2.8 Zero-D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow