Phallus Impudicus (& Flash)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Robert LO Regular Member • Posts: 212
Phallus Impudicus (& Flash)

This is the name often ascribed to the Common Stinkhorn.  Two shots from my garden in Brisbane.

Stinkhorn without flash

Stinkhorn with flash

Which do you prefer: with the FL-900R handheld, triggered by the kit flash or without the flash. The major change is that ISO shifts from 400 to 1600. (The flash photo appears slightly less exposed, which seems a little odd to an ignoramus.)

I’m floundering around with flash, having little experience other than using one to light up a dark scene but would like to understand how/when to use it for macro. The Stinkhorn was under shrubs, so a little dark but the EM1.2/ 12-100 Pro seemed fine at ISO1600. Advice very welcome (and no, I cannot currently shell out for an STF-8, as I’m meant to be saving for a 45mm f1.2 😉).

Bob

Robert LO's gear list:Robert LO's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow