The Panasonic 8-18 and the 7-14mm

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Just Another Photog Regular Member • Posts: 157
The Panasonic 8-18 and the 7-14mm

I'm looking to complete my pro glass for my GH5. I currently have on order an 8-18mm because the dealer I'm working with believes it is better than the Panny 7-14mm.

Now, I've done some research, watched some stuff on youtube, and I personally like the look of the image of the 7-14mm. It appears more contrasty, the extra mm does show up.

Lastly, the 8-18 is out of stock in Canada. No one seems to have one in stock. I can buy from the USA, but I want the warranty, etc from a Canadian Purchase.

So, I'm coming to you - the real experts for some assistance. Do I wait a month or so for the 8-18, and hope they ship enough stock to cover my order. Or...do I buy the 7-14 panny.

I know the significant difference is the ability to add a filter to the 8-18, and I think it is also weather proof.

So, please give me some guidance to get this right. My list of other lenses are mostly listed below.

Thanks everyone.

Just Another Photog's gear list:Just Another Photog's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha a7R III Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS +6 more
Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow