Suitable, inexpensive backup body for PEN F?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DustyBin
DustyBin Regular Member • Posts: 407
Suitable, inexpensive backup body for PEN F?

I recently bought a PEN F and, so far, am loving it.  It has replaced a Canon M5 with which I was never really satisfied in terms of the ergonomics and feel.

Supporting the Canon M5 as a backup body and smaller 'party' camera for when I didn't want to carry an 'expensive' body, I bought a Canon M100.  Very little in the way of external controls, but a lot of fun to use and cheap.

I have kept it so far for the same purpose in supporting the PEN F.  However, I would prefer if both bodies could share lenses so that I have true backup and no lens replication.

My question is whether an older model of the E-PL series could take the Canon's place?  They seem to be a little bigger than the M100, but still small enough and... importantly... nothing I'd cry over too much if it was damaged.  I used to have a GF7 which was wonderfully small, but would prefer to stick with one manufacturer.

DustyBin's gear list:DustyBin's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +9 more
Canon EOS M100 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow