Beginner's questions re K-30, please

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User5049779158
User5049779158 Forum Member • Posts: 52
Beginner's questions re K-30, please

Hello there I shoot mainly Sony, I also like collecting lenses and I ended up having a massive range of manual and af. K mount now is a significant part of it, mainly the older M. I use them with adapter on my a6000.Decided to get a used Pentax to be able to use them more naturally without adapters especially after the most recent acquisition of a 50mm 1.2. I got a used k-30 body for a good price and liked it straight away.
I have some beginner questions if you don't mind please (I had a look at the manual re first question, got more confused ..)I enabled the aperture control and set the focal length it gave me a proper exposure using manual mode and the green button

My question:, the built-in flash always over expose, and I couldn't find the A(auto /ttl) options in settings. Only on and off with or without red eye reduction. I am sure this a user error but I have one week to return the camera and I don't want to keep it if it is faulty. I tried different modes other than the manual with the same result.
Other question what are manual focus assist functionality on the k 30
Thanks in advance, Badr

User5049779158's gear list:User5049779158's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a99 II
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-30 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow