Fuji X-E3 as a travel camera?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ozonation Contributing Member • Posts: 853
Fuji X-E3 as a travel camera?

Any experiences with using the Fuji X-E3 as a travel camera?

I have the XT2 and XPro2 and have used them for candids to portraits to sports. I'm going on an overseas conference in a couple of months. I was going to pick up an older Nikon 1 V3, or else maybe some m4/3 glass for some older m4/3 cameras I have around, but looking at some of the shots my Olympus EM5Mk2 produced a few years back, I fear the m4/3 has hit a wall in terms of low light performance.

I really enjoy using my Fujis, and my favourite combination is the XPro2 with the 23mm f1.4... but it's not really that small. I was thinking of getting the X-E3 with the newer, smaller 23mm f2. It seems to be pretty much the same as a m4/3 body with lens.

If I don't get any other gear, I will probably travel with either my XPro2 or XT2, plus the 23mm f1.4, the 18-135mm 3.5-5.6 zoom, and maybe a small flash. I may bring the 56mm f1.2, although I'm not sure it will be that useful on the trip. I might try to squeeze in an outdoor portrait session.

So I'm wondering if there is THAT much difference weight and bulk wise between my current XPro2 and 23mm f1.4 vs an X-E3 and 23mm f2.

Also is anybody really regretting no flip LCD on the X-E3, or the loss of the 4 way pad on the back?

Thanks in advance.

Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow